There are many things that can go wrong in your home. But one of the most annoying things to go wrong is an issue with your water system. It’s important that you know what is going on with your water system to avoid problems and breakdowns.
Read the seven points below for some basic plumbing tips by Mr Plumber Geelong!
- Ensure you are familiar with turning off your main water valve (it’s usually by the water meter on the boundary of your property). If you ever have a leak somewhere, this will be the first thing you’ll want to do, and the faster you can do it the less water damage there will be and the more money you will save. You should also make notes of where all the other valves are for your hot water heater, washing machine, dishwasher, sinks, etc – and you should test these by closing and opening them once a year. It is a good idea to get a plumber Geelong to come to your home to show you how to operate the valves and where they are situated.
- Know what you can and cannot put down the drain (including oils, fats, and more). Some things that you put down your drain will cause a blockage to occur. A bad blockage can shutdown your entire water system and will require the services of a plumber Geelong to clear the problem.
- Know what you can and cannot put down your garbage disposal unit. Again, not everything can be put down your disposal unit. Be cautious and educate those in your household. Read the manufacturers manual carefully so you will be aware of what you can and cannot place in the Insinkerator.
- Know the different types of plungers and when you should use each. Using different plungers will give you a particular result. Using a plunger correctly to unblock a drain can save you a lot of money, as you will not need to call out a plumber Geelong.
- You can clear a blocked drain with off-the-shelf chemicals or with ½ a cup vinegar and 1/2 cup baking soda poured in at once followed by hot water. However, consider these are only temporary fixes. Even with multiple treatments with chemicals, the main clog can still be building up (and you can damage the pipes if you apply to much chemicals), looming to the day it will backup. It’s recommended you have your drains inspected with a drain camera and/or cleared every 3-5 years to avoid a major backup, and much bigger problems. You should really have an inspection if you notice floor or basement drains are not as fast as they should be, this is something you should call a plumber Geelong to look at.
- Keep your outside gutters and drains clear and free of debris and tree roots. Its best to call a plumber Geelong annually to attend to this as climbing on the roof can be dangerous without the correct safety equipment. Keep an eye out for abnormal puddling of water on the ground, which can sometimes mean an underground leak is occurring.
- Keep the number of your local plumber Geelong handy, as oftentimes you need help fast. Knowing this in advance reduces the need to do quick research on the internet that might result in hiring an unqualified or fly-by-night plumber Geelong.
If you are having further issues, get in touch with a great plumber from Geelong 24 Hour Plumbing
Tags: 24 hour plumber Geelong emergency plumber Geelong, blocked drain geelong, Carbon Monoxide Testing Geelong, Drain Camera Geelong, gas plumber Geelong, hot water system geelong, Plumber Armstrong Creek, Plumber Batesford, Plumber Bell Park, Plumber Bell Post Hill, Plumber Belmont, Plumber Breakwater, Plumber Ceres, Plumber Corio, Plumber Curlewis, Plumber Drumcondra, Plumber Fyansford, plumber geelong, Plumber Geelong City, plumber Geelong East, Plumber Geelong West, Plumber Grovedale, plumber Hamlyn Heights, Plumber Herne Hill, plumber Highton, Plumber Inverleigh, Plumber Leopold, Plumber Lovely Banks, Plumber Manifold Heights, Plumber Marshall, Plumber Moolap, Plumber Moorabol, Plumber Mount Duneed, Plumber Newcomb, plumber Newtown, Plumber Norlane, Plumber North Geelong, Plumber North Shore, Plumber Ocean Grove, Plumber Rippleside, Plumber South Geelong, Plumber St Albans Park, Plumber Thomson, plumber Waurn Ponds, Plumber Whittington, Plumbers Geelong, Plumbing Geelong
Posted in: blogLeave a Comment (0) ↓