The benefits of keeping the bathroom and kitchen sinks clean and tidy can not be overlooked. The kitchen sink and bathroom get a lot of use every day and therefore have a tendency of getting dirty very fast. The bathroom sink is used to shave and brush teeth while the kitchen sink is used to wash all kinds of utensils. The dirt accumulates with time and eventually result into a blocked drain which cause flooding and create bad odours.
If the water in your sink or bath is not draining properly then the most likely reason is a blocked drain Geelong. Follow the steps below to unblock the drain:
NB: Please make sure you observe all the safety aspects to eliminate any injury or possible damages. Ensure you wear protective clothing like gloves, overalls and goggles.
1. Do not empty any more water into the blocked drain as this will only worsen the situation. The sink should be dried as much as possible.
2. Make sure you have all the working tools before you start. You should have a set of drain rods, plunger, a standard kitchen mop with you.
3. Start by removing the inspection cover. Some drain covers have handles; you can tie a wire to the handle and then pull the cover open. The cover may have some rust and therefore pose difficulty in removing. In this case, use a screwdriver to scrap off the corrosion. You can then prise the cover off.
4. Use the blocked drain rods attached to the plunger to dislodge the blockage. twist and turn the rod until you clear off the blockage. Alternatively, use the standard kitchen mop handle to dislodge the blocked drain Geelong.
5. After dislodging the blocked drain Geelong, thoroughly flush the drain with water to eliminate any remaining debris.
6. Regularly inspect and monitor your drains to prevent future blockages. Remember to correctly dispose off the rubbish. Avoid flushing away items like nappies, face wipes and cotton wool as these may block your drain. For minor blocked drains, you can pour a cup of baking soda on the blocked drain Geelong and then pour about 2 cups of boiling water and a cup of vinegar. This will easily open up the blocked drain.
7. Keep the drains clear of plants. You can fit drain guards to prevent plant matters from causing blockages.
8. Ensure you always rinse all your plates before loading them to the sink as any excess food will end up in the drains, accumulate and cause a blocked drain Geelong.
If you have an issue with a blocked drain Geelong or hot water system Geelong, then you need a 24 hour plumber Geelong or an emergency plumber Geelong to service you. You might also reach out to a gas plumber Geelong to help you. Its important that you have a plumber Geelong or a Geelong Plumber you can trust.
Tags: 24 hour plumber geelong, blocked drain geelong, emergency plumber geelong, gas plumber Geelong, Geelong plumber Plumber Newtown, hot water system geelong, plumber geelong, plumber Geelong East, Plumber Geelong West, plumber Hamlyn Heights, plumber Highton, plumber Waurn Ponds
Posted in: blogLeave a Comment (0) ↓