If you have ever encountered a blocked drain in Geelong, then you probably know how much of a headache it can cause you. Blocked drains can be a nightmare and finding an expert to assist you handle them is one of the most efficient ways to tackle them.
A blocked drain in Geelong can be quite hazardous to your health, which is why you need to get it fixed promptly after it happens in your home or business property.
Causes of a Blocked Drain
Blocked drains can be caused by several things. They include:
- Hairs – The build-up of hairs down the drain can cause it to block and prevent water from passing through. Therefore, this may result in a big problem in your home.
- Grease – Grease is another cause of blocked drains. Fatty substances may grow in your drains and cause it to have sticky properties that will capture solid objects like hairs while going down your drain. This will result in a build-up and finally cause your drain to block.
- Trees and leaves – Trees can also cause your drain to block because of their roots which stretch far and wide and may block your drains if they get to them.
- Toiletries – Baby diapers and toilet papers can also cause your drain to block when they accumulate down your drain. Pieces of paper may stick together and attach onto anything in your pipes then cause them to block.
Aside from being a major health hazard to the occupants of such a property, a blocked drain can be very disruptive. Whether it is in your home or office, you will not be able to go about your normal business when your drains are blocked.
How to Unclog a Blocked Drain
When it comes to unclogging a blocked drain, there are several ways you can do that efficiently without causing more damages.
If you have a blocked drain in Geelong, here are some simple tips to fix it:
- Use baking soda and vinegar – You can mix baking soda and vinegar and let it wait for an hour, and then pour it down your drain.
- Boiling water – Boiling water also comes in handy if you want to unclog your drain. All you need to do is boil a full kettle of water and then pour it down the blocked drain.
- Salt and baking soda – Another alternative to unblocking your blocked drain is to mix salt and baking soda. Mix them together and leave the mixture for about 10 to 20 minutes, and then pour it down the drain.
Dealing with a blocked drain can be quite challenging. If you do not know what you’re doing you may even cause more damages. That is why it is crucial to consider hiring an expert plumber to help you fix the issue.
Luckily, Geelong 24 Hour Plumbing is a reliable company with years of experience and knowledge in handling blocked drains. We have state-of-the-art equipment, and our plumbers are always available to come and help fix your blocked drain. Call us today on our number 1300 368 866.
Tags: 24 hour plumber Geelong emergency plumber Geelong, blocked drain geelong, Carbon Monoxide Testing Geelong, Drain Camera Geelong, gas plumber Geelong, hot water system geelong, Plumber Armstrong Creek, Plumber Batesford, Plumber Bell Park, Plumber Bell Post Hill, Plumber Belmont, Plumber Breakwater, Plumber Ceres, Plumber Corio, Plumber Curlewis, Plumber Drumcondra, Plumber Fyansford, plumber geelong, Plumber Geelong City, plumber Geelong East, Plumber Geelong West, Plumber Grovedale, plumber Hamlyn Heights, Plumber Herne Hill, plumber Highton, Plumber Inverleigh, Plumber Leopold, Plumber Lovely Banks, Plumber Manifold Heights, Plumber Marshall, Plumber Moolap, Plumber Moorabol, Plumber Mount Duneed, Plumber Newcomb, plumber Newtown, Plumber Norlane, Plumber North Geelong, Plumber North Shore, Plumber Ocean Grove, Plumber Rippleside, Plumber South Geelong, Plumber St Albans Park, Plumber Thomson, plumber Waurn Ponds, Plumber Whittington, Plumbers Geelong, Plumbing Geelong, Sewer Jetting
Posted in: blogLeave a Comment (0) →