A Blocked Drain can cause a lot of damage to your home and your health. If water is not able to flow freely through the pipes, it will start to back up and cause flooding. This can lead to serious health hazards, as dirty water will be flowing through your home. In this article, we will discuss some simple methods that you can try to unblock the drain yourself. If these methods do not work, then you will need to call a plumber immediately.
Below are some of the damages a blocked drain can cause:
- Blocked drains can cause flooding: If water is not able to flow freely through the pipes, it will start to back up and cause flooding. This can lead to serious health hazards, as dirty water will be flowing through your home.
- Blocked drains can cause mold: Mould thrives in moist environments, so if you have a blocked drain, likely, you will also have mould. Mould can cause several health problems, including asthma and allergies.
- Blocked drains can cause structural damage: If water is not able to flow freely through the pipes, it will start to build up pressure. This pressure can eventually lead to structural damage to your home.
- Blocked drains can bring a bad odor: If the water is not able to flow freely through the pipes, it will start to stagnate and produce a bad odor. This can be a nuisance for you and your family.
- Blocked drains can attract pests: If you have a blocked drain, likely, you will also have pests. Pests can spread diseases and cause damage to your home.
If you have a blocked drain, it is important to act quickly. The longer you leave the problem, the worse it will get.
Below are some simple methods that you can try to unblock the drain yourself:
- Use drain cleaning chemicals: You can purchase drain cleaning chemicals from most hardware stores. Be sure to follow the instructions on the bottle carefully.
- Use a plunger: A plunger is an effective way to unblock a blocked drain. Put the plunger over the drain and push and pull it up and down until the water starts flowing freely.
- Remove the blockage if possible: If you can see the blockage, try to remove it with proper waterproof gloves.
If you are experiencing any of these problems, it is important to call a plumber immediately to unclog the blockage. Blocked drains can also present a serious fire hazard. If water is not able to flow freely through the pipes, it will start to build up and eventually cause a flood. This could easily lead to an electrical fire in your home.
It is important to act as soon as you notice that your drain is blocked. Trying to unblock the drain yourself can be dangerous, so it is always best to leave it to the professionals. If you are experiencing any of the problems listed above, please call Geelong 24 Hour Plumbing immediately on 1300 368 866 for assistance. We offer a 24/hour service, so we are always here to help.
Tags: 24 hour plumber Geelong emergency plumber Geelong, blocked drain geelong, Carbon Monoxide Testing Geelong, Drain Camera Geelong, gas plumber Geelong, hot water system geelong, Plumber Armstrong Creek, Plumber Batesford, Plumber Bell Park, Plumber Bell Post Hill, Plumber Belmont, Plumber Breakwater, Plumber Ceres, Plumber Corio, Plumber Curlewis, Plumber Drumcondra, Plumber Fyansford, plumber geelong, Plumber Geelong City, plumber Geelong East, Plumber Geelong West, Plumber Grovedale, plumber Hamlyn Heights, Plumber Herne Hill, plumber Highton, Plumber Inverleigh, Plumber Leopold, Plumber Lovely Banks, Plumber Manifold Heights, Plumber Marshall, Plumber Moolap, Plumber Moorabol, Plumber Mount Duneed, Plumber Newcomb, plumber Newtown, Plumber Norlane, Plumber North Geelong, Plumber North Shore, Plumber Ocean Grove, Plumber Rippleside, Plumber South Geelong, Plumber St Albans Park, Plumber Thomson, plumber Waurn Ponds, Plumber Whittington, Plumbers Geelong, Plumbing Geelong, Sewer Jetting
Posted in: blogLeave a Comment (0) ↓