Introduction to Blocked Drain Geelong, Australia
Nowadays, whether it is a kitchen sink, a basin, a bath or a toilet, a blocked drain Geelong is the most common problem faced by many households. Many people consider using bleach as a resort for the blockage problem, but this usually doesn’t work long term. After a given period, something needs to be done to unblock the drain. During such times, it is highly advisable that you call a blocked drain Geelong specialist to clear the mess for you.
What Causes Blocked Drain Geelong?
Blocked Drain Geelong is one of the issues, which can be resolved by cleaning or replacing the drains. Below are the most common causes of Blocked Drain Geelong
Because taps and drains are frequently used – every time you wash the dishes or wash your hair, bits and pieces of things fall into the drain. They cause a build-up that pretty much grows unmanageable over time; hence the water stops flowing down the drain and you’re left with the problem of choosing between using a crapshooter or calling a plumber.
Hair and other thread-like waste
Blocked drains Geelong are usually caused not only by a build-up of food particles and other foreign objects but also by a host of other things you wouldn’t normally expect to cause a blockage. Accumulation of hair and fibers can also cause a Blocked Drain Geelong because these waste materials get easily trapped by any obstacles in the drain passage.
Trees and leaves
These can also be a reason for blocked drains, especially because trees can shed leaves and grow large roots that are drawn to the nearest water source or moisture. These roots tend to wrap themselves tightly around your pipes and into every available cracks and divisions so much that not only do they cause blocked drain Geelong, they can also cause your pipes to crack, leading to significant problems.
Grease, oils and fat
These types of waste, as you know, build up in your drains faster than you can say “blocked.” When getting rid of any liquid, make sure you don’t splash these down the drain or if you accidentally do, make sure you pour in some hot water right after it to keep it from building up to a sticky residue.
So, What Are The Types Of Blocked Drain Geelong Cleaning Equipment Needed?
Blocked Drain Geelong cleaning equipment come in a wide range of varieties that you can choose from. It is, however, challenging to go from model to model, especially with the current influx of high technology being used to manufacture this equipment. Here are different types of Blocked Drain Geelong equipment you can choose from:
- The Jet-Style Cleaner – This equipment uses high pressure to pump water down the drain. The water flushes the obstructions out of the drain leaving the drain clean. It contains a nozzle at the end which is strong enough to withstand the pressure of the water. It is very efficient in drain cleaning and also takes a short time to finish the job.
- Drill-style drain cleaner – It is mainly used in situations where the obstructions can’t be pushed down the drain. The drill-style drain cleaner is designed in a way that it can easily get rid of such blockages. It can remove the blockages near the surface of the drain and those deep inside it.
- The Rooter – This one is designed to clean the drains found outside buildings just near gardens. Such drains often get blocked by roots of plants especially those that grow in water. The rooter cuts the roots into tiny pieces which are washed away by waste water.
- The Electric Snake – This equipment is made of a motorised steel cable. The cable is let down the drain and into the pipe. The motor causes the cable to rotate the device at the far end of the equipment, which cuts anything it comes into contact with to pieces. This tool needs to be held while working because it may lash about and be quite unmanageable.
Other simple Blocked Drain Geelong cleaning techniques
Well, by now we all agree that a Blocked Drain Geelong is a problem most households have had, and it is quite a stressful situation. Here are methods you can use in Blocked Drain Geelong cleaning:
- Use the Hook of a Coat Hanger (wire) to unblock the drain
- You can also use Caustic Soda mixed with hot water
- Hot Water: Boil water to the boiling point and then pour the water down the drain. You can repeat this process several times. Wait for some minutes before you pour the next hot water.
- Baking Soda and Vinegar mixed with hot water can also do the trick.
- Use a Plunger: A plunger is a plumbing tool made of rubber and a wooden handle. It clears up blockage quickly and easily although you have to repeat the process many times before the problem is solved.
Always remember to wear protective clothing as you try to fix a Blocked Drain Geelong. These include goggles and rubber gloves. You also need the right tools, a little patience, and core competencies for you to hack it.
The Importance of Calling a Blocked Drain Geelong Cleaning Service
Unblocking the drain yourself can lead you to a greater mess without solving your actual issue. You might end up not just blocking it further, but also damaging the whole system. A Blocked Drain Geelong specialist is often trained to handle worse blocked drains situations, but they shouldn’t find that the problem they are going to solve has been made worse than imagined. This can lead the blocked drains specialist to high frustration as well as cost you extremely high to repair the sink or the toilet.
Once you are through with the methods that the Blocked Drain Geelong specialist would use, you can then go ahead taking a look at the external sources like testimonials and comments from other customers to support your decision of calling a specialist for clearing the blocked drains.
If you have an issue with a blocked drain Geelong or hot water system Geelong, then you need a 24 hour plumber Geelong or an emergency plumber Geelong to service you. You might also reach out to a gas plumber Geelong to help you. Its important that you have a plumber Geelong or a Geelong Plumber you can trust.
Tags: 24 hour plumber geelong, blocked drain geelong, emergency plumber geelong, gas plumber Geelong, Geelong plumber Plumber Newtown, hot water system geelong, plumber geelong, plumber Geelong East, Plumber Geelong West, plumber Hamlyn Heights, plumber Highton, plumber Waurn Ponds
Posted in: blogLeave a Comment (0) ↓