Saving on water (and energy) is important for the environment. Often, just updating some of your equipment around the home or fixing a problem can result in saving a lot of water and energy – which is good for the environment and you! While there is a heap of water on earth, most of it is not fit for human consumption. Your Local Plumber Geelong can give you some great ideas on ways to save on water consumption.
Local Plumber Geelong suggests some great ways to make your own home more environmentally friendly.
- Installing a low-flow toilet can result in 30% less litres of water used per flush. Considering that toilets represent about 30% of your household water usage (second only to the shower), this is a significant water saving. Get a quote from your Local Plumber Geelong.
- Installing a low-flow shower head can result in 50% less litres of water used per shower. On average, a five-minute shower with a regular shower-head will use 100 litres of water. A five-minute shower with a low-flow shower head will only use 35 litres of water. A good quality low-flow shower-head will feel the exact same as a regular one. Save water and save money at the same time by installing a low-flow shower-head. Your Local Plumber Geelong can help you with the installation.
- A semi filled bath saves more water than a short shower. A comfortable bath usually takes approximately 150 litres of water. A shower uses about 11-20 litres of water per minute. Doing the math, that means that if you’re going to take a shower for about 10 minutes or more, it’s more economical and you’ll save more water if you take a semi filled bath.
- A leaky faucet can waste up to 75 litres of water per day. Keep an eye out for leaks and have them fixed as quickly as possible. Loosing 75 litres of water a day is equivalent to a half filled bath from above!
- A running toilet can waste up to 750 litres of water per day! That’s a lot of water being used for nothing. Your Local Plumber Geelong can check your home for water leaks.
- Consider purchasing a tank-less water heater. A tank-less water heater in some cases can save you up to 40% on energy for hot water. Discuss the possibility of installing one with your Local Plumber Geelong
- Keep an eye out for hidden plumbing leaks. Plumbing outside the home often go undetected unless you look for them. Approximately, up to 30% of water entering supply-line systems can be lost to leaking pipes. Make sure you call your local plumber Geelong if you notice this occurring.
- When rinsing fruits and vegetables, do not use running water. Fill a small bowl with water to rinse the fruit and vegetables instead.
- Turn the water off when you are brushing your teeth, and only use short bursts to rinse out your mouth.
- Clean your sidewalks and driveway with a broom and not a garden hose.
- The best method to check if you have leaks in your water system is to turn off all taps in your home. Then go to the water meter for your home and see if it is still running. If its still running, you have a water leak somewhere. Contact your Local Plumber Geelong immediately.
Geelong 24 Hour Plumbing is your local plumber Geelong specialist. If you have an issue with a blocked drain Geelong or hot water system, then you need a 24 hour plumber Geelong or an emergency plumber Geelong to service you. You might also reach out to a gas plumber Geelong to help you. It’s important that you have a Plumbing Geelong, plumbers Geelong you can trust. Drain Camera Geelong and Carbon Monoxide Testing Geelong are other service we offer to our clients.
We service many suburbs including: Plumber Geelong West, Plumber Newtown, Plumber Geelong East, Plumber Hamlyn Heights, Plumber Waurn Ponds, Plumber Highton, Plumber Corio, Plumber Inverleigh, Plumber Whittington, Plumber Thomson, Plumber St Albans Park, Plumber South Geelong, Plumber Rippleside, Plumber Ocean Grove, Plumber North Shore, Plumber North Geelong, Plumber Norlane, Plumber Newcomb, Plumber Mount Duneed, Plumber Moorabol, Plumber Moolap, Plumber Marshall, Plumber Manifold Heights, Plumber Lovely Banks, Plumber Leopold, Plumber Herne Hill, Plumber Grovedale, Plumber Geelong City, Plumber Fyansford, Plumber Drumcondra, Plumber Curlewis, Plumber Ceres, Plumber Breakwater, Plumber Belmont, Plumber Bell Post Hill, Plumber Bell Park, Plumber Batesford, Plumber Armstrong Creek
Tags: 24 hour plumber Geelong emergency plumber Geelong, blocked drain geelong, Carbon Monoxide Testing Geelong, Drain Camera Geelong, gas plumber Geelong, hot water system geelong, Plumber Armstrong Creek, Plumber Batesford, Plumber Bell Park, Plumber Bell Post Hill, Plumber Belmont, Plumber Breakwater, Plumber Ceres, Plumber Corio, Plumber Curlewis, Plumber Drumcondra, Plumber Fyansford, plumber geelong, Plumber Geelong City, plumber Geelong East, Plumber Geelong West, Plumber Grovedale, plumber Hamlyn Heights, Plumber Herne Hill, plumber Highton, Plumber Inverleigh, Plumber Leopold, Plumber Lovely Banks, Plumber Manifold Heights, Plumber Marshall, Plumber Moolap, Plumber Moorabol, Plumber Mount Duneed, Plumber Newcomb, plumber Newtown, Plumber Norlane, Plumber North Geelong, Plumber North Shore, Plumber Ocean Grove, Plumber Rippleside, Plumber South Geelong, Plumber St Albans Park, Plumber Thomson, plumber Waurn Ponds, Plumber Whittington, Plumbers Geelong, Plumbing Geelong
Posted in: blogLeave a Comment (0) ↓